Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cultivating a purpose statement

To give, love and serve my community through quality chiropractic care. To tell the chiropractic story as well as my own story, as a source of inspiration throughout the world.

Above is my purpose statement. Do you have one? The first step is to get clear. A great way to do this is through meditation. This can be done in a silent room or setting where you can easily concentrate on your thoughts. Meditation can also take place while you are doing everyday tasks and is called, "chop wood, carry water" technique. One of my personal favorite ways to meditate is to intense world music. The vibration and intensity of the music allow me to go deep within myself and clear my heart space so that I am more open to the universe and what it has to offer me. Next you must free your nerve system from all interference. Your nerve system is how you experience your world. This is seeing your friends, smelling flowers, petting your dog and tasting your food. Every experience is through the nerve system and when you have subluxations the signals are no longer able to transmit properly. Having your spine checked regularly by a chiropractor for subluxations will allow the nerve system to function at its optimal level. Once your mind and body are free of interference you can develop your purpose statement. Each day read, write and say it out loud and in your head. Each decision you make should be considered carefully to evaluate whether or not you are moving closer or further away from your purpose. Finally be grateful! My dad always says, "the only thing you can truly control is your own attitude." When you are clear of subluxations and interference you can make an active decision to be positive and give thanks for your life. Each one of us was put on this planet to do something extraordinary! Get clear, get inspired, get on purpose and take action

No comments:

Post a Comment