Sunday, June 5, 2016

Fire V Water: How to achieve balance




Men are from mars, Women are from Venus… how the hell can we find balance?
People approach me like I am all fire. As if I am all business, all of the time. I can play this role and I am good at it. But is that really me?  I realized this weekend, while listening to author John Gray speak, that I have been denying my authentic self.
He says women are like waves and men like rubber bands. I feel myself consnstantly floating, shifting, evolving, slipping back, and once again gaining momentum. I love being in the business world but want to do it from a more divine feminine perspective. I am a relationship builder and paradigm shifter. I do not want to compete with you, yell over you, or fight to get what I want. Rather I want to connect, collaborate, and use communication to better myself and the world.
Lately I am really into my meditation practice and writing, which is great but my personal yoga practice has been struggling. It is that constant practice and striving for balance that serves as a motivational force in my life.
During Grays lecture I realize how many stereotypical arguments I have been in over the years and how that was not honoring my authentic self. I realized that my current partner is giving me the type of communication I desire and that I need to thank and honor him. The lecture was transformational and is helping me find the balance that I seriously crave.
I have an unpopular opinion that I really do not identify as a feminist but I identify as being feminine.  When I tap into that power, deeply surrendering to it, then I can be the best version of myself. I can go to work and be successful but then I can come home and be relaxed, happy, and tender.  I realized that I do not like titles for myself, I just want to be me!  I do love / desire  n… know that I am water, ever changing… ever shape shifting… ever flowing with pure love and positive intentions. The fire in my like the struggle or fight or the balance. The water in me like once I near balance the constant transformations that occuras I dig deeperinto my soulspurpose. I am grateful for these opposing forces and for the daily adventure of achieving balance, harmony, and heart space communication. Get clear, Be Inspired, Cultivate Vitalism.


Come find balance with me this Tuesday evening at 6:30pm at 123B El Paseo – Yoga Rehab with Dr.E! Please bring $5, a yoga mat, and an open heart. This week we will focus on finding balance within ourselves so that we may better serve the world.

In gratitude,
Dr. Elizabeth M. Wisniewski
Vitalisticvisionary, yoga teacher, chiropractor
www.genuinechiro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment