Thursday, July 4, 2013

When the Universe Calls...Answer!




Often times the universe provides gentle reminders, suggestions, and paths but  it is up to us to take action. Other times, the universe pushes a bit more aggressively and we are forced to participate in its plans!


Yesterday, I felt like I was shoved back into my authentic purpose. I was super tired, low energy, frustrated with my lack of vision , and just getting irritated! As I was exploring these feelings through words and emotional expression I received a phone call from a chiropractic college (not the one I attended). It was a follow-up from an e-mail I received after having an articled called “Sight v. Vision” published in ‘Spizz Magazine’ a chiropractic periodical, several weeks ago.  I agreed to be a mentor to two students one with low vision and one with no vision starting at this college in the next six months. It was literally a wake-up call that helped me realign my emotions, attitude, and energy back into a place of loving gratitude and service. It reminded me that my words, whether spoken or written, can make a difference for the better in another person’s life. Since part of my personal purpose statement is “To tell my own story as a source of inspiration  throughout t the world” I knew that I must respond to the universe!


I believe that it is healthy to always express emotions as long as they do not have any malevolent intent behind them! Cry if you need to cry and definitely laugh whenever you have the chance. One of things I love about my practice, less than a month into practice, is all the laughter taking place. When we are adjusting we are very focused with clear intentions and energy. Our patients interact with one another in the waiting area and have formed their own relationships  outside of our office already. It is beautiful to be creating an atmosphere that fosters community, collaboration, and positive energy! Although we have worked very hard to open this practice, build a corporation, and create a brand when we are in the office it is the best feeling and does not seem fair that being at work is so fun and rewarding.


Life is always experienced through the nervous system and guided by innate as well as universal intelligence. It is a pleasure removing the interference, by adjusting the subluxations, and allowing the body to heal from the inside-out. It is only when this interference has been removed that true inborn potential can be expressed and new human potential will be achieved.  Allow the universe to guide you down your path, pay attention when it calls, and breathe through the difficult times. They will pass and then you can continue on your  journey to living the life you have imagined. As a chiropractor I am role modeling this life expression for my patients all of the time. I get adjusted regularly, sometimes several times a week depending on what I am doing that particular week. I exercise daily , switching between biking, walking, dancing and yoga. I buy most of my food at the farmer’s market and always eat organic . Yesterday, we had local, organic, raw goat milk, cheese, and yogurt delivered right to our office. It is so good and super healthy.  Through public speaking engagements, workshops, and writing I am role modeling how to constantly reach toward your genetic potential. It is frustrating, I get frustrated with my low vision , but I know that I must keep educating and moving down my path in order to make an impact on this world.  Please take this journey with me, get your spine and nervous system checked by a chiropractor, and reach for the stars!

With Gratitude,

Dr. Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment