Sunday, May 18, 2014

Taking action to Honor My Mother




My blog posts have been a bit more sappy and personal than usual! May is always a sappy time of year for me with Mother’s Day and then the anniversary of my mother’s death on May 19. Each year is easier but there is still a part of me that really, really misses my mom! It is contained in the part of my heart that is still a little girl full of hopes, ambitions, and wanting her mother’s approval. It is a part of my heart that is extremely vulnerable, caring, and probably the most loving part. It is the part of my heart that has some scar tissue, some battle wounds, but is so strong and full of desire to serve the world. It is the part of my heart that carries my mother’s memory dearly, has a direct connection to the lump that forms in my throat, and also can fill me with tremendous joy.
Tomorrow on May 19, it will be 15 years since my mom died. I will be 30 soon so having lived half my life without her is an incredible feeling. I remember exactly what I was wearing the day she died. I remember seeing her lifeless body in the hospital bed and a couple of days later in the casket. I remember watching the casket being lowered into the ground and feeling my heart sink at the same time.
I also remember this truly badass woman that I got to call “Mom”. The most dedicated special education teacher, church volunteer, and neat freak. I am so glad that I got to be her daughter for almost 15 years instead of living a lifetime with any other mom.
So, in memory of youDiane Marie (Bacehowski) Wisniewski AKA Mom… I am going to launch a support group for women with a family history of breast cancer. I have been putting this intention out in the universe for over a year and it is time for action. For intention without action is truly delusion! I am going to shift the paradigm away from survivor groups simply to prevention groups. This is my declaration to the world, to my mom’s memory, and to myself to make a real difference on this planet as a doctor, healer, and someone with a serious history of breast cancer in her family.

Join me on this cause, on this journey, as I move from intention into action and shift the pink paradigm!

In Love & Light,
Dr. Elizabeth Wisniewski
Follow me on Twitter @genuinechiro
Please comment below on this blog post & share it on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment